The other day I went to a Chinese hospital to visit a member from the branch. I am so grateful for hospitals back in the states! The hallways were filled with patients in stretchers. I guess either there weren't enough rooms to put these people in, or they couldn't afford to be in an actual room. There were six elevators, and everyone used them....doctors, nurses, patients, and visitors. When an elevator would arrive, everyone would try to be the first to push themselves on...they'd even butt in front of a doctor pushing a patient on a stretcher. If you try to be polite by letting patients on first, then you'll never get on an elevator. While I was riding one elevator, a woman got upset because she wanted to squish onto our elevator, but there wasn't any room. Instead of waiting for the next one, she yelled at a mother to make her son, who was sitting in a wheelchair, push himself closer to the wall so she and her family could squish themselves on. It was ridiculous. The nurses and doctors seemed very nice, but the hospital experience was very crazy. I feel lucky I didn't catch someone's disease while I was there! Oh, and for all you grown men here in China...stop picking and flicking your boogers! It's disgusting!!
~Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment