Sunday, October 24, 2010

China says,"Church is cancelled"

*Ok, Samantha says that she is done with blogging for a minute so now it is my turn :s He he

*In our dive shows we do a mass dive where 13 people all dive into the water at the same time (for those of you who don't know, our pool is TINY, we can bearly fit 13 people in our pool) the dive I do is called the JAVELIN. I am on the highest perch on our dive structure and I am holding another diver over my head (Anya is the lucky diver who fills that spot) we then dive off together and I toss her in the air and she does a back flip while I do a front flip and we land in the water only inches from each other and the other 11 divers going into the water at the same time (well that is how it is supposed to go) yeah. . . just the other night I landed on her. I threw her too late and when I did my front flip instead of landing in the water first I landed on Anya first. She has recovered quite well though and we are back in business.

*PITA'S!!! We are thrilled. We found a store that sells Pita bread. We went on a pita stuffing extravaganza. Sloppy Joe mix, Mexican style shredded chicken, tuna, egg salad and a new one we just created we, call Sloppy Luigi.

*Today at church I had one crazy Sunday school lesson. Brother and Sister Thomas are recent converts to the church. She is from Spain and speaks very little English, he is from the U.S. and does his best to translate for her. Brother and Sister Martimbianco are from Brasil and they speak hardly any English and then there is Sister Virginia, she is Chinese and speaks very little English and has another sister from the branch translate for her. All of them are in my Sunday school class. So, I got so tongue twisted and lost in my own lesson. I say a part in Portugues, then I say it again in English and wait for Sister Chen to translate it to Chinese and Brother Thomas to translate it to Spanish. We'd read a verse in English and then again in Spanish and Portugues. HA! it was great but I was a little lost.

*Alrighty so at church today the branch President got up and announced that the Church would be closed for the next 7 weeks. Guangzhou is hosting the Asian Games starting in November and during that time we arn't allowed to use the building we have been using for our meetings. ? How strange is that? Chinese government officials will be staked out at the church building during the Asian Games to make sure we don't try and sneak in. Yeah, so we are not sure exactly what we are going to do yet during those 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment