Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Out of the house!

Last night my brother went through the Draper Temple for the first time! Lance stayed home and had a daddy-daughter night with Jade while I went to the temple with my family. This was my first time away from Jade! Okay, actually it was my second time... my friend, Aimee, took me to Walmart last week and I bought diapers.

Anyway, it was wonderful to be in the temple with my parents and my brother. It's wonderful to remember that we can be together as a family-in this life and in the next. I am so happy my brother made the choice to receive his endowment and to go on a mission. After the temple, we were talking about how sad it would be had he decided not to go, because he would've missed out on so much more knowledge and understanding about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am very proud of him and I know he'll make a great missionary.

It was a little strange being away from Jade. Everyone kept asking me if I was worried, but nope! I knew she was with Lance and he is the BEST dad ever! I wasn't worried at all. What was strange was since Jade wasn't around, I kept expecting to feel her move inside me-like she had for months while I was pregnant. Other than that...it felt so good to be out of the house!! Yesterday was the first day where I actually felt like my old self again. My body is finally getting used to being a mom! yay!

So...since I have been feeling good, I have started exercising again! Lance wrote up an easy workout for me to do everyday, which I started yesterday. It consists of exercises I can do while I am at home with Jade...so no gym required for the time being. I want to ease my way back to working out the way I used to...but not ease too easily. haha. So today we used our jogging stroller for the first time. Lance, Jade and I went to Cottonwood High and ran around their track and guess what?? I ran 1 mile without stopping! Okay it was more of a very slow jog rather than a run, but it was faster than a walk, and that made me happy!

By the way, nursing a baby is fantastic for losing baby weight!! I gained about 35 pounds during pregnancy, and I am already down 25 pounds JUST from nursing my baby and eating healthy...and perhaps lack of sleep. Now that I am sticking some exercise into my day, I feel pretty confident that I will get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. :)






2 comments:

  1. Way to go, with running a mile! I totally know what you mean about thinking you are going to feel the baby moving inside of you :) Glad you are getting out though. Congrats to your little brother! I can't believe he is old enough to go on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of Dan!! And I'm proud of you for leaving that sweet baby!! I need to come get you out of your house again! :)

    ReplyDelete