Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stitches!

For the first time in his life....Lance got stitches.
Is anyone else surprised that this is a first for him? ;)

I happened to pick a great day to watch rehearsals!

I was watching Lance as the cast ran through the tramp wall act. I knew something was off when Lance stopped dancing/jumping and stood on top of the tramp wall wiping at his head. Then he climbed down off the structure and disappeared. That isn't like Lance to just quit in the middle of something important!

There was a slight bit of confusion as everyone was trying to figure out where Lance had disappeared to and what had happened. A boat was sent out to the structure to retrieve Lance. It turned out Lance had hit his head on a new prop that was placed on the wall.

Because I was there, I got to go in the "employee only" section of Sea World (woo hoo!) to check on him. (It wasn't as exciting to go "behind the scenes" as I had anticipated it to be....but at least my curiosity was satisfied.)

Anyway! Lance had a big gash on his forehead. We took him to the doctor and he got 12 stitches.

Harry Potter?

The best part of the day was that we all got a free dinner! The cast of Cirque de la Mer was treated to dinner by the head honcho of World Entertainment at Souplantion...and because I happened to be around that day, I got free food too! :)


Tyce and Mary on trapeze.
Lance and the other acrobats on the wall. 

Lance going off the wall while Tyce and Mary practice
their routine.

bandaged up



No comments:

Post a Comment