It has been so much fun watching Jade transform into the cute little person she is now. She tends to be a little mischievous. She loves to start to do something she knows is naughty (like step on the laptop) but she'll stop mid action to look back at us and see if we're looking. Then she'll run away just so she can turn around and do it again.
Jade enjoys poking at Lance's many scabs and scars (eww). She likes to help me sweep the floor and she loves being chased. It is fun to watch her imitate things we do, such as funny stretches or putting keys in the door. Jade insists on eating with utensils and she must taste anything she sees us eating. She especially likes peanut butter and BBQ sauce.
We have had so much fun this past year. I feel I have developed more patience! I'd be lying if I said it never gets challenging...but with those few challenges we are feeling 1000 times the amount of joy!
We are so happy Jade is part of our lives.
For Jade's birthday we had a few things planned...like a party. But sadly those things didn't happen because Jade was sick on her birthday!! It turned out she had a cold and the beginnings of an ear infection. We ended up spending the day snuggling (which I enjoyed very much!) Then, once Jade was getting better, I got sick. So we really didn't do any birthday celebrating except for a cupcake with 1 candle in it, the birthday song and some presents scattered throughout the week.
| eating her first sucker |
| mid somersault |
| mom Nielsen sent us the decorations for Jade's birthday theme: bumblebees |
| daddy and baby |
| running away |
| this cracks me up every time. |
| she rolled herself up in the pillow and fell asleep |
| tech baby |
| our family |
| I think she was eating a cookie. |
| 12 months old! |
she is so crazy! but I love her so much! miss you guys!!
ReplyDelete