Yeah, my first thought was "gross". However, after finding this recipe on a fitness blogger's site that I really like, I decided to give them a try.
I used canned pumpkin instead of apple sauce and regular milk instead of vanilla almond. I didn't have cocoa powder so I just used 3 scoops of chocolate protein instead of 2. I also didn't have coconut flour so I used regular flour. My "brownies" turned out to be more like a bread, but they were really yummy. And because I have a peanut butter addiction...I had to spread a little bit on top of mine!
chocolate black bean protein brownies
WET INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1-15 oz Can Black Beans
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1-4oz Organic Unsweetened AppleSauce
- 3/4 Cup Water
DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 Cup Xylitol Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Casein
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 dish with non-stick spray. Combine wet ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until somewhat smooth. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Fold in wet ingredients and stir until all lumps are gone. Pour into dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Cut into 24 squares.
Nutrition Per Brownie:
- 80 Calories
- 1 gram Fat
- 12 grams Carbohydrates
- 5 grams Fiber
- 1 gram Sugar
- 6 grams Protein
I've made these and they were surprisingly delicious!
ReplyDelete