Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Flatulent Man and other adventures

The Flatulent Man

I was on a run with baby Jade in the stroller. We turned a corner right when a man stepped out of his vehicle and started to walk down the sidewalk in front of us. He was very slow, so I caught up to him quickly. He didn't hear me approach. I tried to make some noise to alert him of my presence (light coughs, loud feet, etc)....but he didn't hear. Suddenly, a loud eruption emitted from his behind. He looked around to see if anyone had heard....ooops! I am right behind him. (super awkward!) Startled, he stepped aside. I sprinted past and laughed all the way home.


The Ice Cream Man

Jade and I were walking back to the apartment with our mail. A man pushing an ice cream cart passed us. While reminiscing the days when I would hunt down the ice cream truck, a man with big muscular arms, tattoos and long hair came out of a nearby apartment. He looked at me and asked, "Was that an ice cream man??" I told him it was and he ran off to chase down the ice cream guy. Totally was not expecting that!

Farmer's Market

Last week, Jade and I went to a farmer's market all by ourselves! There are farmer's markets all over San Diego and there happens to be one just down the street from us. We got to sample different kinds of hummus and bought really yummy strawberries. It was fun to go to, but the prices weren't as good as I had expected them to be. This market was really small, so I am wondering if a larger market would have more competitive pricing.

I LOVE strawberries!!

Acai Bowls

In Ocean Beach you can get acai bowls! They are delicious. Soy milk and acai, granola, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and honey. If you are in San Diego, you definitely need to try one.





No comments:

Post a Comment