Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Mini Date Night

The hubby and I haven't had a date night in forever! I didn't realize how much we needed one until we ended up getting one...totally unplanned.

So Daniel is on a mission (in case you hadn't noticed from previous posts) so we decided we needed to send him a little missionary care package. On Friday night we left Jade with Grandma Nielsen so we could go purchase some stuff for Dan's box. We only had about an hour so we whizzed off to Target. . . 

Okay, so an hour doesn't sound like a whole lot of time for a real date...but we had a lot of fun! Just the 2 of us. . . it's amazing how much faster you can get in and out of a store without a cute little wiggly baby being toted around. 

We had fun trying to decide what funny Halloween decorations and candy we should send Dan AND we made a spontaneous decision to buy a half gallon of soy chocolate milk and drink it all by ourselves.   The drive home was entertaining as we jammed to music, sampled some of Dan's treats and drank our milk. :) I probably looked ridiculous trying to drive and chug a large carton of milk at the same time. . . but that's ok! 

Our 'mini date' was just what I needed to recharge. I think we need to make more random errands into 'mini dates' because it was great!

On a side note . . . here is Jade trying to sample Dan's treats. (Sorry Dan if your candy bars are smothered in baby drool when you get them!)



1 comment:

  1. I love mini dates like this -- when my mom was helping me after Jack was born, we left him with her and went to Target, too! It's funny how those little dates mean so much after you have a baby (and I agree -- so much easier and faster to go in the store without finagling a baby!) That picture of Jade is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete