Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Mission Farewell and a Baby Blessing

Sunday, July 8th was such a wonderful day! Daniel left on his LDS mission today, so his mission farewell talk was on Sunday. We decided to give Jade her baby blessing that same day in our parents' ward so Daniel could be part of the blessing circle. I was a bit nervous about taking Jade to church for the first time (what if she starts having a freak out??) but she was such a good baby! I was so grateful that Lance was able to give our daughter a blessing.

Daniel gave an awesome talk. What was even sweeter about this sacrament meeting was that it was Troy's farewell too (he is going to Thailand!). They both did great on their talks and they sang a duet together "I Believe in Christ". They did a fantastic job. I am just so amazed by how great so many young men and women in the church are. Here are two very talented young men giving up everything to spend 2 years just serving God and other people. Wow.

Daniel with his friends

Lance and Jade
(Lance made Jade's headband!!)

Getting the little lady ready

Family Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment