Friday, August 31, 2012

itty bitty fingernails

Jade's fingernails grow so fast!!
It takes me so long to trim them because it is scary to do! Jade is so wiggly that I am afraid I'll nip her fingers. I usually wait until she is asleep before attempting to clip them...but then I usually either forget or I get 1 fingernail done and then she'll start wiggling or she'll wake up. It takes me about a week to clip the nails on one hand...pathetic? haha :)

Any moms out there have any tips on clipping fingernails? I need some skills!

I love her itty bitty hands

3 comments:

  1. I was just talking to my aunt about this. She told me that she bites her baby fingernails off. That way she wont accidentally clip the skin. I haven't tried it . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am a huge advocate for the biting nails off thing. That's what a nurse in m birthing class said, and it has been the only thing I've really done. The two times I tried clippers, I got jacks little skin and there was a lot of blood and tears. It broke my heart. It is so wash to just bite off the nail when you are nursing or when they are asleep! The nails are so thin, you can get them off so easily. It sounds weird, but it is way better. Than any other technique I've found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I will have to try that! I've gotten a bit of Jade's skin before too and it makes me feel so terrible.

    ReplyDelete