Anyways, this week was weird. I got a new companion. Yup. Elder Cardoso had to leave to go serve his own mission (we were both sad) and I received an other. Elder Andrade! He's nice. Also from the island of Fogo, but he likes a different soccer team than the others. Sadly, he's just waiting for his visa so he can go to Brasil and serve a mission, so he'll be leaving near the end of this transfer.
He's cool. He is a really hard worker.
For example, yesterday we spent all day trying to find lessons. All of our commitments fell through. So we were just talking to random people on the street. Honestly, I was ready to go home at 6. But he kept me going and going until 9. Nice work! By the time this transfer is over, I'll be exhausted, but also a really hard worker. I kind of look forward to that.
So yeah, our problem right now is just..finding people. Hopefully we can get some references from members this week and...teach people. Thats all we want! Some lessons! hahaha. Its been a little interesting.
What else, what else.....I dunno. Not really any cool experiences this week. Seriously, just a lot of walking and knocking on doors. But at least I have had the "missionary experience" now.
The other area on this island, Ribeira Grande has been doing great. Its cool to see how much its been growing.
Thanks for the package, family! The peanut butter is great. News: on everything you send me write "via portugal" on it. If you don't it'll go through dangerous areas of Africa. I got a letter from Sean Sekino that had been slit open at the top. Not cool.
I love you all! bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment