I'm still here. In Korea.
Basically all I've really been doing is EATING. We go out to eat at least once every day. One thing I like about Korean food is all the side dishes they bring out with your meal. You typically get a little bowl of rice, a bunch of different side dishes that you share with everyone and some main entree like beef, or pork, or fish...
Maybe this just happens within my family....but when you eat you follow these rules:
1. slurp your noodles and soup as loudly as humanly possible
2. stuff as much food in your mouth as you possibly can for one gigantum bite
3. please chew loudly, it shows you are enjoying the food
hahaha. okay, so I know not EVERYONE eats like this but the people I eat with do! but I still love them.
Ready for a picture overload? Here it is:
 |
I need these!! (I stink at using chopsticks)
I call these 'training wheel chopsticks'
angry birds style |
 |
| spicy crab claw, anyone? |
 |
my cousin and her little girl
and hiding under the gray hood? a little 2 month old.
I love all the moms (and some young dads) walking around
with their babies strapped to them! |
 |
my favorite Korean food: bibimbop
(rice with different vegetables...& an egg) |
 |
| the "food court" in the mall |
 |
most of the restaurants now have these.
in the thing on the right are a bunch of cups being "sterilized"
on the left is a water dispenser.
if you want water, go get it yourself.
(and consider yourself lucky there is water, not tea, to drink) |
 |
korean fashion:
leggins with shorts or a mini skirt already attached!! haha |
 |
| Baby Jade, cute as ever! |
 |
| looking down a street in Jinhae |
 |
open market in Jinhae
lots of people selling fruit, fish, etc etc on the street |
 |
| open market: lots of different grains to buy |
 |
| open market: fruits, veggies, fish... |
 |
| open market: squid |
 |
| open market: dumplings!! |
 |
| open market: butcher shop |
 |
4 generations
not the most flattering, but hey at least I got a pic! |
 |
you always take off your shoes.
even in some restaurants |
 |
| sitting on the floor? no problem! |
 |
| I love this girl!! |
I love the hat on her !
ReplyDelete